Just stuff I want to talk about...


Saturday, December 10, 2011

Paula Deen's Beef Stroganoff & Ham-Hash Casserole

So, I'm still making my way through the recipe box.  Tonight we tried Paula Deen's Beef Stroganoff.


It was pretty good, if a little salty (but that's my fault).  Definitely a step above the Hamburger Helper version Joey & I grew up on.  The only problem was that I'm not sure it's worth the cost.  At home meals are suppose to be significantly cheaper, but steak isn't necessarily cheap.  I mean, it's not super expensive or anything.  But when it's half your meal price (at apprx $5.50), that's not something I'll be cooking in the regular rotation.  It *is* making it into the recipe box, though, because we did actually like it.  I could always sub out ground turkey for the beef to save a little cash, but I have a feeling it wouldn't taste as good, and since it isn't *amazing* to begin with, why bother?

I also made a Ham-Hash Casserole the other day, but forgot to snag a pic, sorry!  It's basically a pound of hashbrowns, mixed with broccoli, red bell peppers, diced ham, cheddar cheese, sour cream, and cream of celery soup.  It's really good, and I totally recommend it.  As usual, let me know if you want the recipe.  I would post them, but I get bored with typing them all out just for no one who is interested in making it to "read"...

No comments:

Post a Comment